BARRINGTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Barrington Christian Academy (BCA) is a private, independent, college-preparatory day school serving students in grades K–12. As a nondenominational Christian school community, BCA welcome students from all backgrounds.
Guided by a love of truth, an innovative school culture, and a student-centered approach, BCA teaches core academic content—and ask students to go above and beyond with extensive opportunities for serving and skill-building in the community and the bigger world around us. These “vision-based learning” experiences gives BCA purpose and sets it apart in the independent school world.
LOCATION Barrington, Rhode Island, USA
- YEAR FOUNDED 1979
- STUDENT BODY Girls & Boys
- NUMBER OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS 75
- AVERAGE CLASS SIZE 18
- AVERAGE STUDENT/TEACHER RATIO 8:1
- GRADUATION RATE 100%
COLLEGES ATTENDED BY GRADUATES
Boston University, Brown University, UMass Dartmouth, Parsons College (The New School, NY), Penn State, Curry College, Mt. Ida and many more.
BCA is accredited by both the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC). We are the only dually-accredited Christian college-preparatory K–12 school in Rhode Island.
Local and Global Students, parents, faculty and staff are all valued members of our diverse and nurturing Christian school community. BCA students in grades K–12 come from towns throughout Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. Public school bus transportation is provided to and from BCA for students who live in Barrington, Warren, Bristol, East Providence, Providence, Lincoln, Cranston, Pawtucket and Johnston
The personal attention that Barrington Christian Academy offers students is unique due to its small community. Support from educators, staff and also other students helps international students improve their language skills and prepare for college success. For more information visit BCA's International student page.
Featured PARTNerships and PRograms
- Aerie Program offering advanced personalized classes.
- Technology Integration Initiative brings student devices into the classroom for educational purposes.
- Design-Innovate-Build Lab offering Digital Design, Robotics, Applied Physics & Engineering classes.
- Community Garden teaches students about food and agriculture.
- Public Art Initiative brings installations from world-renowned artists to the Wheeler campus.
AVERAGE SAT SCORE:
- SAT READING : 540
- SAT WRITING : 510
- SAT MATH : 529
Three offered in house and several others available online.
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
SPORTS, ARTS & ACTIVITIES
- Music instrument playing
- Stage performance
- tack and field
28,000 sq, feet building:
- Music room
- Classrooms and offices
• Athletic facilities shared with nearby communities